Honey is one of the most important natural foods for human health. And there are a lot of health benefits of honey. Did you know that a tablespoon of honey contains 64 calories without fat and sodium? This golden fluid also plays an important role in human heart health, Relieves stress, Excellent in antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Honey is good for skin health and its ability to heal small wounds inside the gastrointestinal tract.
So, today we are going you tell you about 10 benefits of honey if consumed every day and also some other general health benefits of honey.
Benefits Of Honey
Benefits of honey: 10 Reasons why you should consume honey every day
- If you drink a glass of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of honey every morning, your heart will be strong. Prevents the narrowing of the arteries in the heart and reduces the risk of stroke.
- Regular consumption of honey promotes the release of appetite-suppressing hormones in the body. Therefore, it may play a major role in weight loss.
- When taken before bed, the sleep-inducing hormone stimulates the release of melatonin into the body. Thus it helps you to get sound and stress-free sleep every night.
- Honey helps to reduce the amount of fat that is increasing in your body.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends honey as natural cough medicine. So when you eat honey as an alternative to cough syrups that cause dizziness, physical health will improve.
- Honey has been used as an antiseptic for many years. Eating a spoonful of honey every morning heals internal wounds and ensures healthy digestion. Destroys germs in the stomach. It also prevents diseases such as celiac disease, colitis, Crohn’s disease, and irritable bowel syndrome (IPS).
- The glucose content in honey helps to get rid of fatigue and boost your energy throughout the day.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, honey protects your body from inflammation and allergies.
- Honey also acts as a stress reliever. It is rich in calcium, which ensures the smooth functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- The anti-bacterial properties of honey help to get glowing skin
Here are some important health benefits of honey in detail:
1: Weight loss
The natural, unique sweetness in honey is a perfect food to help you lose weight; Using honey instead of sugar in food and beverages has many benefits for the body. If we mix a teaspoon of honey in hot milk both in the morning and at night before going to bed and drink it for some time, we can easily get rid of the craving for sweets caused by the brain’s command. Numerous studies have suggested that the sweetener in honey acts differently from the sweetener in artificial sugar and is healthier.
2: Cough and runny nose
Numerous researches suggest that honey is an excellent, effective remedy for cough. One study found that giving honey at night could help children with coughs sleep better; Furthermore in this study, it was found that honey acts as dextromethorphan which is an important ingredient found in cough medicines. However, it is important to be extra careful about food poisoning, which is caused by the bacterium Clostridium, which is very rare in children under 1 year of age (4). As a remedy for coughs and colds in children, it is advisable to consult a doctor once before giving honey.
3: Diabetes / Blood Sugar
Do you have any doubts about whether people with diabetes or diabetes can consume honey? – Here is the answer. The amount of glucose in honey varies from 45 to 64; This is the average size. Numerous studies suggest that consuming honey increases insulin levels in the body and lowers blood sugar levels. Honey helps to reduce the level of glucose in the body fluids (within at least 8 hours); Honey is used to increase the C-peptide content which helps to balance the insulin level in the body. Therefore, people with diabetes can consume half a teaspoon of honey mixed with tea, oatmeal, or yogurt.
4: Injuries / ulcers / burns
Applying honey on wounds and especially burns can remove dead, unwanted cells and prevent scars and wrinkles (deformity or tightness in the joints) (7). After the mild burns are first washed off with water, you can apply honey to them. In another study, honey was found to be the best medicine to help heal wounds; Has antimicrobial properties. While other treatments fail to heal wounds, honey is an excellent remedy for wound healing; Honey also has a high rate of wound healing (8). After applying honey to the wounds, good changes will occur.
In a 2011 study, it was suggested that honey may help lower high blood pressure; The findings of this study were validated by giving the correct results in a test conducted on high calories in rats. Another Malaysian study has published a similar opinion.
6: Increase energy
Pure honey is low in enzymes, proteins, minerals, and amino acids; It helps to contribute to the proper level of energy required by one’s body. Natural honey is much healthier and more energetic than artificial sweeteners. One study suggests that honey may be used instead of glucose during exercise or physical activity.
7: Strengthens bones
Honey and calcium help increase bone density; Researchers have found that people who consume the required amount of honey have an increased ability to absorb calcium in the body. Among dietary factors, honey is found to have the highest absorption of calcium and vitamin D.
8: Boosts the immune system
Honey, especially manuka honey, is high in methylglyoxal, which has antibacterial activity. It has also been found that this methyl glyoxal enhances the body’s immune system. Methylglyoxal helps in the production of cytokines, which are secret information sent by the body’s immune cells to the immune system.
9: Heart Diseases
The antioxidants in honey help protect the heart; Honey helps to prevent the formation of factors that cause bad cholesterol in the blood and the combined Diane factors that cause antioxidants. Through this, heart health automatically improves. Honey helps prevent metal blockages and heart attacks in the arteries.