The BJP, the country’s ruling party, and the opposition have both announced their candidates as presidential elections are due to take place. The name of former minister and IAS officer Yashwant Sinha has been presented by the opposition, while Draupadi Murmu has been presented by the ruling party.
Let us know about Draupadi Murmu, the BJP’s presidential candidate, and the noteworthy events in her life.
Draupadi Murmu Biography
|Known for||Being chosen as a candidate from the National Democratic Alliance for the 2022 Indian Presidential Election by BJP|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 152 cm|
in meters– 1.52 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• She was elected as the councillor of the Rairangpur district of Odisha in 1997. In the same year, she was elected as the Vice- Chairperson of Rairangpur.|
• In 2000 assembly elections, she was elected as the Minister of BJP from the the Rairangpur constituency, and was in charge of the Department of transport, commerce, fisheries and animal husbandry till 2004.
• In 2004, she was re-elected as the MLA of BJP from Rairangpur constituency.
• She served as the District President of BJP in Mayurbhanj and State President of BJP Scheduled Tribe Morcha from 2006 to 2009.
• In May 2015, she was elected as the Governor of Jharkhand. She served as the governor till 2021.
• In 2022, she was named as the National Democratic Alliance’s candidate for the 2022 Indian Presidential Elections.
|Award||In 2007, she received the Nilkantha award for best MLA by Odisha Legislative Assembly.|
|Date of Birth||20 June 1958 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||64 Years|
|Hometown||Baldaposi village, Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|School||K.B. HS Uparbeda School, Mayurbhanj|
|College/University||Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Address||She resides in village Baldaposi, P.O.-Rairangpur, W.No.-2 District, Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Shyam Charan Murmu (bank officer)|
Note: She had two sons, one of whom died in 2009, and the other died in 2013.
Daughter– Itishri Murmu (bank worker)
|Parents||Father– Biranchi Narayan Tudu (farmer)|
• Bhagat Tudu
• Sarani Tudu
• Cash: Rs. 1,80,000
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 5,05,000
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 1,30,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 2,60,000
Gross Total Value: Rs. 1,075,000 
|Net Worth (as of 2009)||Rs. 6,10,000 |
Draupadi Murmu on Instagram
Draupadi Murmu is presently not active on Instagram. She does not have official Instagram ID. If we get any information regarding this we will update soon.
Draupadi Murmu, a member of the Santhal tribal ethnic group, was born on June 20, 1958, in the village of Baidposi in the Mayurganj district of Odisha. Biranchi Narayan Tudu is the name of his father. He was married to Shyamacharan Murmu. Draupadi has lost her husband and two sons. They have a daughter named Itishree Murmu. [Draupadi Murmu Biography]
work as a teacher
Extreme poverty and misery characterized his childhood. However, she did not let her circumstances stop her from working hard and graduated from Ramadevi Women’s College in Bhubaneswar. For her daughter, Draupadi Murmu began her career as a teacher.
Murmu began his career as a teacher before shifting towards politics. From 1979 to 1983, he also served as a junior assistant at the Department of Irrigation and Power. From 1994 to 1997, he also served as an Honorary Assistant Teacher after that. [Draupadi Murmu Biography]
The first governor to complete the term after the formation of the state
In the BJD-BJP coalition government, Draupadi also served as a minister, and from 2002 to 2004, she held a number of positions in the state. After Jharkhand was created in 2000, Draupadi was the first governor to serve a full five-year term. He additionally held the office of governor of the state from 2015 until 2021.
will succeed as the first tribal leader
She will become the second woman president of the nation and the first tribal leader if she prevails in the current presidential election. Her political career began when she was chosen as a BJP candidate for the Rairangpur seat in 2000 and 2004. Draupadi will become the first resident of Odisha to hold the nation’s highest office as a result of this. Draupadi Murmu Biography]
- 5 Best IT Stocks In India With Pros & Cons
- 6 Best Stocks To Hold For The Next 10 Years
- 5 Best AI Stocks in India: Investing in Future Technology
- 4 Best Stocks to Invest for Future
- हर दिन कितना पानी पीना चाहिए: Daily Water Intake
Tags- Draupadi Murmu Biography, Draupadi Murmu Biography wikipedia, Draupadi Murmu Biography in detail, Draupadi Murmu Biography in hindi.