At 11:30 JST, Shinzo Abe, a former Japanese prime minister, was shot in Nara (8:00 IST). He was shot while running for the nation’s Upper House on Sunday. NHK, a Japanese television station, reported that Abe could be seen bleeding from the chest after at least two loud noises that were likely gunshots were heard.
Who is Shinzo Abe?
In September 1954, Shinzo Abe was born in Nagato, Japan. Sadly, he was assassinated on July 8, 2022, when he was 67 years old. He was a member of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) . Abe was employed at Kobe Steel before rising to the position of executive assistant to the foreign affairs minister. He served as the LDP General Council’s chairperson’s secretary as well as the private secretary, general’s secretary.
From 2012 to 2020, Shinzo Abe was the prime minister of Japan. Abe graduated from Selkei University.
He was chosen in 1993 to represent Yamaguchi Prefecture’s first district. In 1999, Abe was appointed Director of the Social Affairs Division. From 2000 to 2003, he served as Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary. From October 2005 to September 2006, he served as Chief Cabinet Secretary.
Shinzo Abe family background
Two of Shinzo Abe’s ancestors held the position of prime minister of Japan, hence he hails from a political family. From 1957 to 1960, Shinzo Abe grandfather Kishi Nobusuke held the post; from 1964 to 1972, his great-uncle Sato Eisaku did the same.
Shinzo Abe grandfather Kishi Nobusuke
Nobusuke Kishi was a Japanese bureaucrat and politician who was Prime Minister of Japan from 1957 to 1960. He was the maternal grandfather of Shinzō Abe, twice prime minister from 2006 to 2007 and 2012 to 2020.
Shinzo Abe Wife
Shinzo Abe Wife name is Akie Abe. Akie Abe is a Japanese radio DJ.
Shinzo Abe, the late prime minister of Japan, is survived by his wife, Akie Abe. In 1987, they got married. The fact that Shinzo Abe and Akie Matsuzaki (née) had no children means that the 60-year-old widow is supposedly his closest relative.
Shinzo Abe Wife Akie Abe Instagram Account
Shinzo Abe Wife is very active on social media like Instagram & Twitter. On Instagram Akie Abe has 76 K followers at present.
Akie Abe was born to Akio and Emiko Matsuzaki in 1962 in Tokyo, Japan, in 1962. Her father was a successful businessman and the previous head of Morinaga & Company, a renowned candy company in Japan. Akie Abe began working at Dentsu Inc. after receiving her diploma from Tokyo’s Sacred Heart Professional Training College, a vocational school. Shinzo Abe was supposedly introduced to Akie by her former employer while she was working at the company. At the time, the latter was a rising politician.
As was previously mentioned, Akie wed Shinzo Abe in 1987. Akie then spent some time in Shimonoseki working as a radio host. The socialite’s nickname during her time as an RJ was “Akky,” according to the South Korean publication The Chosun Ilbo.
In a 2006 interview with a monthly Japanese magazine, Akie Abe was open about the couple’s infertility. She went on to say that early in their marriage, they had pursued reproductive treatment. Akie stated to the media:
“Now that it has become difficult because of my age, people have stopped telling me to keep trying. But in the very early stages, I did have fertility treatment.”Akie Abe
Shinzo Abe Educational Qualification
Seikei Elementary School, Seikei Junior and Senior High School were all attended by Abe. From Seikei University, where he specialized in public administration, he earned a bachelor’s degree in political science in 1977. Later, he relocated to the United States, where he spent three semesters studying public policy at the School of Policy, Planning, and Development at the University of Southern California (now the USC Price School of Public Policy).
Abe started working for Kobe Steel in April 1979. After leaving the business in 1982, he worked in the government in a variety of roles, including executive assistant to the minister of foreign affairs, private secretary to the head of the LDP General Council, and private secretary to the LDP secretary-general.
Who is ex-Japanese PM Late Shinzo Abe? Take a look at 7 interesting facts about Late Shinzo Abe:-
- Longest-serving PM of Japan: Shinzo Abe was appointed Japan’s Prime Minister in 2006, however he was forced to resign due to illness after only a year in office. He was elected prime minister once more in 2012, and he held the position for 8 years, setting a record for Japan.
- Family with political background: Shinzo Abe comes from a family of politicians. Nobusuke Kishi, Shinzo Abe Grandfather, presided over Japan as prime minister from 1957 to 1960. From 1937 through 1946, Kan Abe, his paternal grandfather, held a seat in the House of Representatives. From 1982 to 1986, Shintaro Abe, the father of Shinzo Abe, served as foreign minister.
- First Japanese PM to be born after World War II:On September 21, 1954, Abe was born in Tokyo. This makes him the first Japanese prime minister to have been born after World War II, which ended in September 1945.
- Padma Vibhushan: Shinzo Abe received the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian honour in India, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the field of public affairs.
- Indo-Japan relations: The relationship between India and Japan grew stronger under his direction. In 2014, he was also India’s Republic Day parade’s chief guest, making him the nation’s first Japanese prime minister.
- Revising Article 9:The revision of Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution was a significant event. Japanese people “forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation,” according to the essay.
- Second resignation:In August 2020, Abe submitted his resignation for a second time, this time claiming health issues. Prior to the October 2021 general election, when Fumio Kishida was elected prime minister, Yoshihide Suga held the position.
Shinzo Abe Net-Worth
Shinzo Abe is a Japanese politician who had a net worth of $10 million. If we calculate Shinzo Abe Net worth in INR then it will be Rs 79,33,26,500